Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I cant get the answering system to work on my model no.

Customer Question
I cant get...

I cant get the answering system to work on my model no. KX-TG 5431.Until now it has always worked. The answer on light is on but none of the fuctions work.

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your 5431.UNTIL?

About 10 years plus

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

I have tried to record a message but the record button does not light up

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Y service provider is Century Link

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/16/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 4 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with troubleshooting this issue today.
Sorry to hear of any issue with your phone/answering system.
To help with this issue, may I ask:
1) Do ALL other functions of the system still work, such as placing and receiving calls using the cordless handset(s)?
2) What happens when you press the Greeting Check button?
3) WHEN was this issue first noticed?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 3 months ago

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)