Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Cell o cellphone battery is getting very hot when in my

Customer Question
Cell o cellphone battery...

Cell o cellphone battery is getting very hot when in my hand

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

Not a smart phone - it is the house phone cordless model

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

A couple of weeks. I am scared it will catch fire so take out the rechargeable battery when I leave the house.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Can i just change the battery?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/16/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 4 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phone(s).
If you still need help with this issue, may I ask:
1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base.
2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if more than one, do ALL handsets have this issue?
3) What is the AGE of this system and WHEN was this issue first noticed?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

Sorry but I am sick and having to go to the hospital please cancel this
Cannot deal with this right now
Thank you

Hi again,

We experts are "users" of this site - just like you - and have no access to ANY of your private information or account.

If you have ANY concerns about your account or site operation, You can contact the Customer Service department using the "Help" link that is on almost every page of the site.

Please let me know if you have any more questions - about your phone system - now or in the future.

Take Care, Greg A.