Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Something not quite right keeps showing even after rebooting…

Customer Question
Something not quite right...

Something not quite right keeps showing even after rebooting box 5 x

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

Rebooted box5x get same message "something not quite right "

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Unplugged the box 5x

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/16/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you tell me who provides your service? That sounds like a typical comcast or verizon error.

Initially, please unplug power to the box, as well as the main (dvr) box or modem/gateway, for a minimum of 5 minutes (a quick unplug won't help).

Replug, wait 5 more, then let me know the results please.

Comcast is the supplier
can you send a signal to the box in the bedroom
No. I need you to please follow the above steps. Even Comcast can’t send a box signal when the box is offline like this. The above reboot needs to be done and failing that then Comcast would need to replace that box with a new one.
Okay can I take this box to a store and get a new box
if the reboot doesn’t help you can take it to a local Comcast storefront and ask that they replace it there for you.