Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Box double tap now required to use my Kindle. Also will not…

Customer Question
Green box double tap...

Green box double tap now required to use my Kindle. Also will not return to home page so I can get to "settings" Thanks so much for helping

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

One day - I was "fooling around" with settings just before the "change" occured. I tried to reset by holding down close key for 20 seconds. Kindle fully charged.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I have successfully paired my kindle with new headphones BUT problem with green box and two taps started before that while I was "fooling around". Thanks.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/16/2018
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and use it.

Let me know the results please

Thank you