Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My bose clock radio displaying the time dims so much at

My bose clock radio...

My bose clock radio displaying the time dims so much at night I can't see it. Can I have it brighter in the dark? This is an older model I inherited from my deceased mother. Not sure how old it is, more than 15 years....still works and sounds great.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Bose basic wave radio; model # AWRI1W

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your AWRI1W?

My mom had it for 15+ years, but had it refurbished a few years ago. It works great, I just want that display to be brighter in the dark.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Bose product?

Nothing...I don't know what to try; I'm hoping you can direct me.

3/16/2018
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Press and hold the Clock Set button on the top of the bose,

and then press and hold the volume up button at the same time, for 10 seconds,

from there, keep holding clock set, and press the volume up button again repeatedly to adjust the brightness level up.

Thank you,

Thank you!

You are very welcome

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Engineer