Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I just got a Yaufey portable projector, and won't turn on,

Customer Question
I just got a...

I just got a Yaufey portable projector, and won't turn on, any hints?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Yaufey GP80

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your GP80?

Just out of the box 15 minutes ago

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

It's plugged in, tried the power button on the machine, even holding it down for a bit, also the remote, won't turn on and run

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
is someone working on my case?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
please call me at(###) ###-####
3/16/2018
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your projector question.

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

You might have a defective power adapter. Check its cords, and look for swollen spots, severe bending, or outright breakage, esp. near the ends. Think back as to whether the power adapter has ever been tripped over or otherwise strained or stressed... that would make its having failed more likely.

Is the jack from the power adapter loose, does it wiggle readily? if so, you might have a broken power jack on the projector.

If it is brand new, though, this is a simple matter: return it in the original packaging, as defective, promptly, for an exchange for another of the same type that actually works.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.