Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I need serious help with my laptop before I throw it out of…

Customer Question
I need serious help...

I need serious help with my laptop before I throw it out of a window.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Acer Aspire One(###) ###-####running windows 10 I think?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Aspire? Have you installed any updates recently?

The problem is that it will start up, but when it gets to my desk top, it flashes real quick then the screen goes black. it will only stay on the desk top screen for a split second.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Windows updated about a week ago, no problems until today. nothing else that I can think of. thank you.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/16/2018
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you please disconnect the power cable and then hold the power button down for 60 seconds then release.

Then connect the power cable, power it up and tell me how it then operates please

Thank you