Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I want to plug a polycom into power, then connect my Pixel…

I want to plug...

I want to plug a polycom into power, then connect my Pixel phone to the polycom to initiate a call. How do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

Android

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

Never done it before. Bought a connector to plug into the polycom.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Just want to initiate a call using a smart phone and not a landline.

I want to initiate a call with my smartphone. There's no landline available.
3/15/2018
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

What is the model number of the polycom system?

Polycom SoundStation2 Expandable Conference Phone (2200-16200-001)

Thanks, ***** ***** adapter/connector did you purchase?

Does it have a minijack plug on it?

Polycom 2457-19047-001

Okay you'll plug that into the headphone jack on the piixel, and the other end(s) to the Application port on the polycom.

then you'll initiate the call on the cell phone, and just press the talk button on the polycom to start the speakerphone function through the cell line.

I tried that. But I'll try again when I get to that room.
Did I get the best connector?

That is the correct connector yes. Really it is the only connector for this purpose.

OK. Not able to test it for another hour. Thanks.

No problem, take your time.

Doesn't work. I've ordered a different cord.

Where did you get the cord? Is there just 3.5mm minijack on one end and 2.5mm on the other?

Nathan, Engineer