Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

We are working in our home studio to copy recorded music…

Hi. We are working in...
Hi. We are working in our home studio to copy recorded music from a digital audio tape DAT to Protools on a PC. The DAT is a Panasonic 3700. The digital output is not allowing us to get to the PC. What should we do? Thank you.
3/15/2018
Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Are you trying to send multi tracks, or the mixdown? Which interface are you using?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
These are mixes going into a Safire focus rite pro 40.

Ok, and where are you plugging into the Focusrite?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Digital in

How are you going from RCA to optical?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
RCA digital

Ok, the Focusrite I was looking at only had optical, that was a bit confusing. Which DAW program are you using on your computer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi. Have left the studio. Any chance you can help us with the info you have? Otherwise we have to wait till next week for more info. Thanks.

Yes, they all work the same. As long as your recording software in your computer recognizes your interface, they all work the same way. Go to your I/O settings, and you'll see a bunch of different options for the Focusrite. You'll want to select the S/PDIF inputs 1 and 2. That will tell the program to listen to those inputs on the interface.

Then, create two tracks. Set the input of track 1 to input on S/PDIF 1, and the second track to input S/PDIF 2.

Now that the digital routing is in sync, it will record the two tracks simultaneously to your DAW, and it will preserve the digital quality.

Please rate 3-5 stars for my service. Rating does not close the question, and you can reach me here at no extra charge in case you need help. If you need help, please reply.

Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi. Still not transferring. Calling all over the place. Any more ideas? Thanks.

Do you see your interface in your I/O settings on your computer?

Rusty
Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service