Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I accidentally erased all the stored numbers in my list is…

Hi. I accidentally erased...

Hi. I accidentally erased all the stored numbers in my CID list is there a way to Get them back ?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

KX-TGF350.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your KX-TGF350? What have you tried so far?

It just happened. I accidentally hit the erase button.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

No at the moment.

3/15/2018
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Are you referring to the caller id history (call history) list, or to the phone book of saved contacts?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Caller id history.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I mistakenly erased my caller id history.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello?

Thanks for confirming, please allow me time to respond.

Unfortunately, the short answer here is no, this cannot be done, at least not in any practical terms. I know this may be disappointing to hear and that the lost numbers may be very important to you.

There is no mechanism for retrieving a deleted item, you cannot restore them yourself. Once they are deleted, the numbers are, for all intents and purposes, gone. These machines are very basic, and don't have a "recycle bin" that can be accessed like your computer does.

If it was recent and no new calls have overwritten it, you have a better chance of recovery though. To do so, you'd need to take the machine in to a data recovery specialist. There are often local shops, with names like Data Doctors, they specialize in retrieving lost information from computer hard drives, memory cards, etc. They may be able to pull something off, if the calls haven't been overwritten, though the process is time consuming (often many weeks), and expensive (several hundred $), and would require dismantling the machine to the point it couldn't be used again.

So overall, while this is a remote possibility, the probability is high that you'll never be able to get these back. I apologize for being the bearer of bad news here, unfortunately there is no other practical way around this, these machines simply aren't designed for long term archival and don't make any accommodations at all for un-deleting.

Also, while you may not be able to get these numbers back on the phone itself, you may be able to get a record of the calls from your phone service provider if needed.

If you are prepared to spend $500+ to have the memory extracted, I can recommend some firms that may be able to take this case on, just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I see. I wasn't holding out much hope, so that's why I asked the question. Thanks for the help.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Have a good day.

You are very welcome. Trying to get records from the phone co would be your best bet. Most will let you look up your phone bill detail or call history in your account on their website.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Engineer
Nathan, Engineer