Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Panasonic phones model KX-TGE230 all 3 showing displaying…

Panasonic phones model KX-TGE230...

Panasonic phones model KX-TGE230 all 3 showing displaying battery icon although all display "fully charged." I assume I need a new battery for the main unit. Can I order this battery from you or obtain somewhere locally?

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your KX-TGE230?

10 years or so.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Panasonic product?

Nothing yet.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I have disconnected the phone. Do you want my cell phone no.?

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please remove the power to the base unit and the batteries from the handset
Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power to the base unit, put the batteries in the handset and tell me if it then functions correctly.
Please let me know the results
Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what is the handset?

The phone part, that the batteries go into

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no call. i removed the 2 little green batteries from handset and i'll wait 10 minutes. Should I hang up or hand on this line. I don't want to keep paying. $5 was enough!

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Am I being charged more than $5 for this?

I cannot see the cost for this, but it is the amount you agreed when you created the question

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I agreed to $5 for the call but I don't know if it's a limited time or not. Maybe I should hang up and just buy new phones if this doesn't work.

A call is an additional cost but not needed, let me know please the results of the instructions I gave.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I really think the battery in the base needs to be replaced because why would all 3 handsets display the battery icons when I rar?ely if ever use the other 2

There is no battery in the base unit.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It didn't have any effect on the units. I think I have to buy new phones.

It is the batteries likely at fault, do you have any rechargeable batteries there?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have AA and AAAs but can I use those/

yes if they are rechargeable, make sure they are, let me know the results

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
All 3 phones work well and say they are fully charaged.

It is then the batteries at fault, this was the issue

Replace the batteries with rechargeable and it is ok

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't have any rechargeable batteries. I hate to buy new phones because I have to reprogram all the nunbers, I think these phones are about 15 years old and I really like them,

ok, put rechargeables in as it needs them and the batteries will be like new

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think there is a problem with the base because all 3 handsets display 2 icons which must indicate a problem with the base. I don't even use the other 2 handsets,

ok... the initial problem you indicated was the battery icon, what is the issue you now see?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
All 3 handsets display 2 icons battery plus another one which is probably showing the base connection,

yes.. did you though replace the batteries yet in the handsets as requested?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't have any new ones, I'd have to buy. I don't even know if any local stores sell them as they are Panasonic rechargeables.

You can use any rechargeable AA batteries just as long as they are rechargeable.

Richard, Customer Service
Richard, Customer Service