Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

HOW CAN I GET MY HP WIRELESS PRINTER TO PRINT? IT'S

HOW CAN I GET...

HOW CAN I GET MY HP WIRELESS PRINTER TO PRINT? IT'S CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET BUT I GET A MESSAGE THAT SAYS PRINTER NEEDS ASSISTANT INTERVENTION.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your HP printer: wirelessly or by USB?

WIRELESSLY

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

DON'T REMEMBER BUT I THOUGHT I WENT THROUGH THOSE STEPS TODAY. DON'T KNOW IF I COMPLETED THE PROCESS OR DID IT CORRECTLY.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

JUST THAT PRINTER IS SHOWING WIRELESS CONNECTION TO THE INTERNET BUT NOT ALLOWING ME TO PRINT FROM MY LAPTOP.

3/15/2018
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

AFTER TURNING PRINTER BACK ON, STILL NOT PRINTING. MESSAGE SAY, PRINTER REQUIRE USER INTERVENTION.

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Richard, Customer Service