Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Techko multi-faceted desk unit. I used the pencil…

I have a Techko...

I have a Techko multi-faceted desk unit. I used the pencil sharpener for the first time and it ran for about four seconds and then stopped. Is there something I can do to get it operating again? Model # SP0888

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your SP0888?

About there or four years. I recently found it tucked away in my closet.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Nothing at all. didn't want to screw up anything

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No that's it

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Please send me your help answer by email. I chose not to sit here at the phone waiting for you to call. Thanks so much.
3/14/2018
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

When you put the pencil in, does it make any noise at all?
Does the stapler work still?

Stapler works great. I inserted a pencil for the first time. It ran for five seconds and then stopped.
Can’t afford any additional charges at this time Nathan, sorry. ��

I’m have not asked for anything else.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 to ask your question + balance/total upon speaking with me here) noted on the payment page when posting your question for this chat support.

No Sir. No noise at all. As stated earlier, it did for about five seconds and then it stopped.

Thank you for checking, that would indicate that the motor for the sharpener has filed,

you can try blowing out the pencil slot with compressed air in case it is obstructed, but beyond that this is a hardware failure and would need repairs which would simply not be feasible. This is an old system with no parts available and would cost far more to repair than to buy a new sharpener.

Nathan, thank you for your advice. I will give it a try, as I have nothing to lose. Have a great day ��

You're very welcome!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Engineer