Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I bought a av500 tl-wpa 4220 power line wqi extender. I've…

Customer Question
I bought a av500...

I bought a av500 tl-wpa 4220 power line wqi extender. I've pared the two but my computer isn't reconizing the signal?

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your AV500?

5 days

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

I pulged the smaller adapter into the electric socket by the comuter closest to the modom. then pluged in my bigger plug in next to it. the small plug in has 3 green lights and the big one has 2 green lights. I brought the big plug to the room that houses my computer. pluged it into the wall and I have the same 2 green lights. my computer does not reconinize the tp link.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

Blikin. but the router that I conneceted to is from century link.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

I've tried disconnecting the router so I'm just coming off the modom. but there is no signal to my computer.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Is there some connection I'm suppose to make to my computer?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Electronics Technician: Rusty, Customer Service replied 1 month ago
Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Is your computer still trying to connect to Century Link?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my computer is connected to century link. it's 80 mb. but I'm only getting 15mb on my computer

Ok, that's the problem. In order to connect to the wireless extender, you'll need to search for Belkin in the wireless networks, and connect to Belkin. Belkin acts like the middle man to your Century Link router. Right now you're bypassing the middle man, and not utilizing the system.

Go to your networks, search for Belkin, and choose the one with the strongest signal. Connect to that network, and you'll be connected to your wireless extenders, and you'll get better reception.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just want a simple answer.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tred conecing to blikin router then ran a speed check. it's no 6mg
Rusty
Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service