Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Would like to order more books but amazon is unable to

Would like to order...

Would like to order more books but amazon is unable to access our bank card, I have entered the new number

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your Amazon device?

The kindle is fine just cant order more books because of the bank card details

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Amazon's online password ***** tool?

Yes

3/13/2018
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Please give me just a moment to review your question.

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

Did you try to update the card information using your Kindle? I think you will find that that is much easier to manage your payment information from the Amazon website on a computer. Please login to your Amazon account using the link below:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/homepage.html/ref=nav_youraccount_btn

Note: Be sure to login using the same email address and password ***** to your Kindle reading APP.

On the page that opens you will see PAYMENT OPTIONS. Please click on that.

Note: You may be asked to re-enter your Amazon password.

On the page that appears next, you will be able to edit existing payments methods or add a new payment method. After you have updated your payment information, please be sure that it is set as your preferred one-click payment method. One click payment must be turned on in order for you to order books directly from the reading app

You can check your one-click settings using the following instructions:

To change your 1-Click settings:

1. Go to Manage Addresses and 1-Click Settings.
  2. Click Click here to change your 1-Click default address, then click Edit next to the payment method for the address.
    Note: To change your default shipping method, click Edit next to 1-Click settings for this address. All 1-Click orders for items fulfilled by sellers other than Amazon.com are shipped via Standard Shipping.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions to save your 1-Click settings.

You can turn 1-Click ordering on or off as well as change your default 1-Click payment method and shipping address.

To turn your 1-Click off, click the Turn off everywhere button on the right-hand side of the screen. (When 1-Click ordering is off and you want to turn it on, this button appears as Turn on instead.)

When you have completed these steps on your computer, please sync your Kindle. You should now be able to order books directly from your Kindle.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Alison thanks, ***** ***** you can help

Do you have a computer available that you can use for troubleshooting? If so, please follow the steps that I've provided.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If you have any problems with any of the steps or need clarification, just let me know. If for any reason this doesn't work for you, please tell me so I can provide additional help. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will have to finish this conversation as my husband has gone to town with his bank card, thanks anyway

You're welcome. Just let me know when you're ready to continue.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have had no success with that either, so we are going to finish with amazon and kindle, as it gets too hard to keep trying for a result. Thank you for your time Alison

You're welcome.

GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech