Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Where can I order a cradle for a chordless phone? One of…

Where can I order...

Where can I order a cradle for a chordless phone? One of ours has apparently gone bad. I have checked the power source and the power chord and both fine.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

KX-TGA470. The number on the cradle is PNLC1029 YA

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

It quit charging the phone about two weeks ago. I moved the phone to another cradle and it charged fine. I moved the power chord to another cradle and it did fine. I moved the cradle to a different power chord and a different power outlet and it still would not charge the phone.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

No...just how to get a replacement cradle.

3/13/2018
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

OK

Initially, you may simply need to clean the electrical contacts/pins on the cradle, by wiping them with some qtips moistened with rubbing alcohol. If that doesn't work you can also buff them with some fine emory paper.

Failing that, the cradle would have to be replaced. You may order that here: https://panasonic.encompass.com/item/11117363/Panasonic/PNLC1078ZB/Charger#start=1&cgid=telephone-replacement-accessories

You can't buy it alone, it comes with the base and power cord together.

Thank you,

The cradle charger and chord you sent me is not for my model phone and the cradle part number is *****

It is the appropriate replacement for yours. It will fit,

the original part for yours is no longer available, this is the compatible substitute.

The only difference is the color. The YA at the end of yours is for silver,

the newer ones are a darker grey, but still fit the phones.

OK Thanks. I will clean the points again and give this one another try. If I have to buy one my wife won't be crazy about the black but I can find a location and switch it out.

You're very welcome!

Nathan, Engineer