Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Can I hook up two skybells to a 10VA 16V transformer? Came…

Customer Question
Can I hook up...

Can I hook up two skybells to a 10VA 16V transformer?

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your 10VA?

Came with the house - at least 16 years

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything yet

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/13/2018
Electronics Technician: David Bowden, Electrician replied 4 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Electrician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

Yes you can use a 16V transformer to wire 2 Skybells in parallel not series. If both doorbells are used at the same time they may not be as strong/loud, but otherwise there shouldn't be any issues.

Thank you

You are most welcome...

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you today, however if additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and I will respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave

I just saw that my credit card has been charged an additional $19. I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR THE MONTHLY PLAN!!!!! Please remove this charge from my card IMMEDIATELY.

I sorry that you had that happened please contact customer service to resolve that matter as experts are here to answer questions only. We have nothing to do with financial matters.

Thanks