Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Have a SONY Xbr55x850b TV. Tried to sign up for MLB but I no…

Customer Question
Have a SONY Xbr55x850b...

Have a SONY Xbr55x850b TV. Tried to sign up for MLB but I no longer have the MLB app. How do I get it?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your XBR55X850B?

2014

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

We use Amazon and such ok

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your XBR55X850B? What happened right before this?

Joined MLB yesterday and App was gone

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Also is there a place to access Google Play Store?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/13/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Unfortunately that is simply not an option in this case. That app is no longer supported on this tv. The tv is past its service life at this point, and is no longer supported by sony, so many apps are no longer functional and it is not possible to install new ones. The ones that are still working will continue to fail over time as their marketing agreements expire.

Short of replacing the tv with a new one, the best option in this case is to purchase an external streaming device such as a roku or fire tv or appletv and get all the same functions and many more, with better performance and lower cost.

My apologies for the news,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.