Steve G., Engineer
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut since 1974. Home Theater advisor. Vinyl holdout!
329447

Can i record view/record foxtel with pana DMR XW440 as i

Customer Question

can i record view/record foxtel with pana DMR XW440 as i only have standard foxtel box -cant get iq as it is a 2 story house.I have connected DVD via av input regards ******* ******* JA: How long has this been going on with your Pana? What have you tried so far? Customer: i just setting it up today -are you saying it should work ok JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you? Customer: no

Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer; an independent site with members providing product information, repair tips and technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.
My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question.

Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.

Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model numbers of the "...standard foxtel box...TV..." Additionally, please describe how the standard foxtel box is connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s).

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

basic pace foxtel set top box as i cant get iq as we have a 2 story house.I am using a scart to av cable to connect dvd to the foxtel box regards *******

Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.

Please post back with clear pictures of the rear and connections of these three (3) devices; TV, DVD and set-top-box.

Click HERE.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
These pictures would then serve as common references allowing me to see what you are seeing.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
before we go any further at this stage can you please answer my original question - should i be able to connect this model to the foxtel set top box
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.

Yes; IF and only IF the "...foxtel set top box..." has a set of unused analog Audio/Video outputs compatible with the INPUTs of the DVD Recorder.

In most versions of the DMR-XW440, there would be a provision for IN (jacks for VIDEO & R-AUDIO-L) that serve as recording inputs to this Panasonic.

Without specific/detailed information, model numbers, jacks and ports available, what are currently in use, to what device, then next best would be pictures.

I can only work on the information provided or be limited by the lack thereof.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

this is all to hard so can you arrange a refund please as my credit card has been charged twice that is $5 twice and $47 twice regards *******

Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.

Done; "...refund please..." relayed to Customer Service through channels.
Please do not post a reply so as not to re-open the question thread.