Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I cannot get my voice messages to come up on my phones so I…

I cannot get my...

I cannot get my voice messages to come up on my phones so I can hear them. Wanda Sloneker

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

Model # KXTGA402

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Nothing

3/13/2018
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.
Sorry to hear of any issue with your phones.
To help with this issue, may I ask:
1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base (model sent is for a single cordless handset).
2) How are messages NORMALLY listened to - when the system is working?
3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Model # ---KX-TGA402Wanda Sloneker

Hi again Wanda,

As mentioned in my first note, the model sent appears to be for a single CORDLESS HANDSET.

Please try to find the LARGER MAIN BASE - and send the model from that base.

NOTE: That model will NOT have an "A" in it.

Thanks

Hi again,
I just saw your call request, but unfortunately I'm not near a phone right now to be able to call. However I MAY have a phone available in 10-15 minutes..
We can also continue here in this chat/text form.
Please let me know if that will work for you.
Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Answering Machine---KX-TG4021 NSN1HBQC165215
Model KX-TG4024NPhone KX-TGA402Wanda Sloneker March 14, 2018, 12:50PM

Hi again Wanda and thanks for that model number.

May I now ask if you can respond to the other questions I had?

Thanks

(im)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will be away from home (Dr. appointment) until 4:00 pm, then I will be home the rest of the day. Thank you. My phones are all cordless except #1 phone which has an answering machine hooked to it. Wanda Sloneker.
2. When the system is working.
3. Spectrum phone service provider.

OK - I will have to know what time zone you are in.

Also, for question 2, let me be a little more specific.

2) When you normally listen to messages, do you press the PLAY button on the MAIN BASE, or use some other method to listen to them?

If some other method, please tell me EXACTLY what that is.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The only way I can listen to a voice message is press the play button on the answering machine. I can not listen to the voice message on my three phones downstairs. They used to work but will not work now. I press *98 and then the operator says there's a technical error. Wanda Sloneker

OK - IF pressing the PLAY button on the Answering system works, that means that those messages are being recorded ON the Panasonic Answering system.

BUT, of you are using the *98 dialing method to try listen to messages on any handset connected to the phone service, that means that you are "dialing into" the service provider's "Voicemail system".

NOTE that I use two DIFFERENT terms/phrases (Answering system & Voicemail system), because these ARE TWO DIFFERENT and SEPARATE systems - for storing and retrieving messages.

Also, since you are hearing some kind of "technical error" when you try to dial into the provider's Voicemail system, I suspect that the issue is with the provider's Voicemail service (may not be a phone system issue at all).

Now if you can try to access the Voicemail system again, and send me the EXACT "technical error" that is being spoken, I may be able to confirm if this is the provider's issue or a phone issue.

OR if you have a DIFFERENT touch-tone phone that can be connected to the Spectrum phone service and you CAN access the provider's Voicemail system from that phone, there may be a "setting" in the Panasonic system that can be checked - to see if that corrects the issue.

Let me know - when you can - if you can send me that EXACT technical error wording OR if you have a different touch-tone phone that can be tried for accessing the provider's Voicemail system.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Due to Network difficulties, your call cannot be completed at this time. Please try your call again later. Wanda Sloneker

Hi again and thanks for that detail.

OK - if you are hearing that error message - when dialing *98 - AND that used to work to get you into the provider's voicemail system, that tells us that this is a Provider services/network issue. In simple terms, the provider's Voicemail feature for your service is currently not working.

If that is the case, then I would recommend contacting the service provider to have them look into WHY it is not working for your service.

If needed, please use the following link to find the Spectrum contact details.
NOTE: You MAY have to enter your zip code on the page to get the local contact details.

Click Here --> https://www.spectrum.net/contact-us/

Please let me know what is found or if you have any more questions about this issue.

If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for getting me help. Spectrum fixed the problem,Wanda Sloneker

You're quite welcome and thanks for letting me know it is working again.

And when you are ready, please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this issue.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

(im)

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer