Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

How to reset Panasonic kx-tga2706 phones that have lost

How to reset Panasonic...

How to reset Panasonic kx-tga2706 phones that have lost their dial tone

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

See above. Model kx-tga2706.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your KX-TGA2706? What have you tried so far?

We can unplugged and plugged back in and no change.

3/13/2018
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.
If you still need help with this issue, may I ask:
1) Can you double-check and resent the FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base (I am NOT finding the model sent).
2) WHEN was this issue first noticed?
3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
4) Do you have ANY other devices/phones (NOT part of the Panasonic system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers,
and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

The model number is ***** v30013zas We have a wall phone that now works. Verizon had us unplug the Panasonic’s and after that the wall phone was fine. So our problem is with the 2 Panasonic phones now.
Did you get my info?

Hi again,

Please know that it takes a few moments for your message to be sent to me - and for me to respond.

OK - first, the new model number sent looks like a SERIAL number or such.

For MOST Panasonic cordless system, the model STARTS with KX-TG, and is then followed by either another letter and a few number, or four numbers.

Examples:

KX-TGE123

KX-TG1234

I gave you that in my first note. On the bottom of the phone base it says kx-tca1 but on the phone itself it says Kx- tga2706.
Please have him send me a message with instructions to reset my phones. Thank you.

Hi again,

I believe the kx-tca1 is the model/part number for an AC adapter -like the one shown at this link; CLICK HERE

Please CONFIRM that is what you were looking at, or something similar.

Thanks

All I can tell you is that is the model number on the base.

Did you look at the IMAGE at the link I sent?

I did look. If that is the bottom I guess so but mine is a base that the phone sits in when not in use.

OK - please take a look at THIS LINK - and let me know if that is the CORDLESS HANDSET and "Charger base" that you have.

That is it!

OK - there SHOULD be a LARGER MAIN BASE - perhaps with an "antenna" or two on the sides.

Can you locate that MAIN BASE and see if you have a model number there?

The format of that model should be something like KX-TG2720.

It is kx- tg2770s

OK - let me see if I can find some notes for that model.

Back soon.

OK - I see that the MAIN BASE should have a CORDED handset (receiver) and a display.

So do you get a DIAL TONE when picking up the CORDED handset of the MAIN BASE?

AND is there ANYTHING showing on the display - either with the corded handset in it cradle OR picked up?

Thanks

There is no dial tone at all. Only my non Panasonic wall phone works. On the Panasonic large base, it shows a caller name that stays and nothing works either on the corded phone or the handset.

OK - next step is to try to RESET the MAIN BASE - to see if we can get it to get a dial tone.

So to RESET the MAIN BASE, please do the following steps.

1) Remove the PHONE CORD from the MAIN BASE

2) Disconnect the AC adapter for the MAIN BASE - at both the connector at the back of the MAIN Base AND the AC outlet (in the wall?).

3) WAIT TWO FULL MINUTES.

4) Reconnect the AC adapter at the MAIN BASE and then the AC outlet and WATCH the MAIN BASE while reconnecting the Adapter. This is to see if ANY of the indicators on the base "light up" or "flash" briefly (they usually do during initial power up).

5) Reconnect the phone cord.

6) Press the SP-PHONE (SPEAKERPHONE) button - on the MAIN BASE and listen for a dial tone.

Also, look at the DISPLAY of the MAIN BASE and let me know what you see.

Let me know what is heard and seen.

Thanks Greg A.

Thank you. All is working now. Good night.

EXCELLENT!
Its good to know that the system is working again.

If my input helped in ANY way, please consider rating my service at a high level (5-star is my goal). This is how I am compensated for the time spent with you, and how I help support my family.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Take Care, Greg A.

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer