Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Samsung tv modeln32a330jid I'm trying to connect a…

Customer Question
I have a Samsung...

I have a Samsung tv modeln32a330jid I'm trying to connect a magnvox dvd player with red yellow white cables but I don't have ayellow port on the tv. should I us audio or tv ports on the back of the tv without a yellow port

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

No

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

Power outlet

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

It's just a cheap player strictly to watch movies. I hope I know what I'm talking about. you are dealing with a 79 year old bear with me.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/12/2018
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 4 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

On your TV you connect the Yellow cable to the Green jack. Make sure you connect the cables to the bottom most row of jacks on the back of the TV. Red and White will match up with the red and white Audio jacks, and then Yellow will plug into the Green jack. Lastly you'll use the original Samsung remote's SOURCE button and select "AV" to get a picture from the player on the screen.

Please view my reply for the answer to your question. Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?