Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Nikon 10x Coolpix and need to set the date and

Customer Question
I have a...

I have a Nikon 10x Coolpix and need to set the date and time.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your CoolPix?

Maybe 4-5 years?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your CoolPix?

Nothing. I need help.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just how to get the date and time set. Thanks.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/12/2018
Electronics Technician: Kraig, Engineer replied 1 month ago
Kraig
Kraig, Engineer

Hi, I'm Kraig. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks. It says S6300 on the camera. Is that info you need?

To set the date and time, do the following:

1. Press the power switch to turn on the camera.
  2. Tap the desired language.
  3. Tap Yes.
  4. Tap left arrow or right arrow to select your home time zone and tap OK.
  5. Tap the order in which the day, month, and year are displated.
  6. Edit the date and time using the up and down arrows.
  7. Tap OK. The settings are hereby applied, the lens extends, and the camera enters shooting mode.

Please let me know if that works.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, when I turn it on, the lens extends and there is no information on the screen for me to tap.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have downloaded the Nikkon Coolpix manual. I would like my money refunded from Just answer.
Kraig
Kraig
Kraig, Engineer