Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Help me to identify this capacitor, and locate a New Zealand…

Please help me to identify...
Please help me to identify this capacitor, and locate a New Zealand based shop that have this in stock.
3/13/2018
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
Hi, I do still need help but I can reword the question to make it less specific.I will post a new question. Thank you.
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your electronics component question.

If you haven't given up on this, or found a source by other means, I'd like to help.

First, that is a Film Capacitor, of the commonly known MKP-41 series.

The ratings on the package show it to be 0.22 (zero point two two) microFarads, and to be rated at

275 V-AC / 310 V-AC.

As for a local source for it - would you need one on North Island, or South Island? and, local to you, or mail-service? and, where, roughly, would be best or most ideal for a source for it to be found?

North Island, Auckland pick up. Or just shipping to Auckland. I really appreciate your help.

Good. I have found a supplier of capacitors in North Island, in Auckland, called Jaycar Electronics. Info for it is below:

Freecall Order Line
0800 452 922

Phone: (09)(###) ###-####br />Fax: (09)(###) ###-####br />
Customer service hours:
Monday - Friday: 8:30am - 5:30pm
Saturday: 8:30am - 5pm

Head office:
16-18 Fisher Crescent
Mt Wellington, Auckland 1060
New Zealand
Phone: 0800 452 922
Fax: (09)(###) ###-####

- whether they have this specific Film Capacitor of 0.22 mF and 275 V-AC rating is another question. I'm not sure. Call them and ask, I advise!

As for other possible suppliers - perhaps:

https://nz.mouser.com/Passive-Components/Capacitors/_/N-5g7r

and

http://nz.element14.com/c/passive-components/capacitors/film-capacitors

are at least websites with a New Zealand section, that sell capacitors, and that *might* have a New Zealand store or location also. They do appear to deliver to NZ, at very least. I mention them in case Jaycar cannot help you.

Keep me posted as to how this matter goes, please. Thanks.

Also there are, in the Auckland area, these components suppliers:

RS Components

Level 6 - Agility CIS Tower,*****

Ellerslie, Auckland 1051, New Zealand

Opens soon ⋅ 8AM

+64 800 888 780

or

Active Components

2/14 Canaveral Dr,

Albany, Auckland 0627, New Zealand

Closed ⋅ Opens 8:30AM

+64 9-443 9500

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

Russell H., Service Tech