Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have purchased a kindle ereader but cant connect to my…

Customer Question
I have purchased a...

I have purchased a kindle ereader but cant connect to my Wi-Fi as it says the password ***** ***** recognisede

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Kindle?

Should do as its standard BT I will check

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, phone, etc.) connecting to the router?

Yes it does it lists BTHub4-SGKS

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I have an old kindle . which no longer works as it is damaged, might that be causing a problem?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 5 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Do you have a windows computer already connected to the wifi network?

Please let me know

Thanks, ***** ***** get the password ***** this

Press the windows key + R and type in

ncpa.cpl

Press enter

Right click on the wireless connection and click on Status

Then click on wireless properties

Click on the Security Tab and then click on Show Characters and you can then see the wireless password ***** to use

Let me know how you go please

I am not sure what you mean by the windows key

This is the key with the windows logo button on it, next to the ALT key

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.