Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I was trying to do a reset on my daughter's Stream and is…

Customer Question
I was trying to...

I was trying to do a reset on my daughter's Stream and is stuck at 54%... I've tried everything I can think of... think I lost the operating system

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Hp stream

Technician's Assistant: What HP product do you have?

HP Stream

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your HP product?

Restart with hitting the esc... then F11 system recovery....system Diagnostic every thin passed

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Product #t6c49ua#aba

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/12/2018
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

How long has it been stuck at 54% for?

Please let me know

an hour or more

ok, it has crashed then.

Hold the power button for 60 seconds then release

Then power it on and tell me what then happens please

splash page... Gray screen... black screen loop

ok, is the loop moving?

moving? logo stays in the same place center of the screen

Ok, power off the computer

Then power it on and keep tapping F11 until you get to a menu.

Can you get to this menu?

Please let me know

ok, go to the option to again Reset the PC

Choose this and let me know if it now completes please

I have and it does not
keep files gets me 43%
remove everything gets me 54%
then it gives up

Thanks

It is the internal hard drive that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

great it is expired.... is it possible for you not to charge me for me to find out I need to replace a laptop??

So once you have now received the full service from me you now wish to avoid paying me for this service?

You have already paid the deposit which was for the service I provided to go through all possible causes and rule them out to confirm the problem.

This is what we did and what you paid for. If we were only paid for fixing an issue, no one would have taken your question due to the possibility of it not being resolvable.

You now have the issue confirmed and know what you need to do and when I receive a positive rating, I get a portion of this, which is my livliehood

But of course, now that you have received the service,I see you wish to avoid paying for it, then go here to get a refund.

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0