Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

We are planning to buy a Bose Wave4 radio and we want to…

We are planning to...

We are planning to buy a Bose Wave4 radio and we want to know how to play Sirius through it. Tahan

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your WAVE4?

We didnt buy it yet. We want to be sy

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Bose product?

We want to be sure it will work through our Apple IPad.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

Not sure. It's a bit old. Can we use our MacBook, which is newer?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook? What have you tried so far?

Haven't tried anything yet. We're contemplating a purchase and want to be sure we can make it work.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

We need to know what OS systems will work and if we have to upgrade to accommodate Sirius.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

None of the Bose Wave radios support Sirius satellite radio directly, so an external Sirius tuner would be needed. You would connect the external tuner to the Bose Wave 4's "AUX" Input and then select AUX to playback the connected tuner and hear it through the Bose. A suitable tuner that can be connected to the Bose can be purchased at the link below:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/siriusxm-onyx-plus-satellite-radio-receiver-with-home-kit-black/1489751.p?skuId=1489751&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=711e3d4c-e2ed-4d8f-a838-f8a895f326d7&ksprof_id=3&ksaffcode=pg269160&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2&gclid=CjwKCAiAxJPVBRB4EiwAsCA4aV8fneGXj9rSeguTzKAnQUEhfz_ee375MO1kT1_kB1WgJ77DL7lQrBoCXigQAvD_BwE

This is the case with all models of Bose as Bose does not have a direct contract with Sirius/XM, so hence the external tuner is needed.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Can we use an IPad or MacBook as a source for Sirius using an app?

I'm unaware of an IOS based app for Sirius. You would want to check with the Apple APP store to see if they offer a Sirius tuner app for your iPad or Macbook. However if you do find one, then the iPad or Macbook can also be connected directly to the Bose Wave 4's AUX jack using an 1/8" to stereo RCA patch cable (like the one at the link below):

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D5H8KO2/ref=asc_df_B01D5H8KO25400030/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B01D5H8KO2&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167146065113&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6865885425993701772&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9003221&hvtargid=pla-303037967706

I'm not sure if this is part of your question, but it appears Sirius does offer an APP on the IOS platform:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/siriusxm-radio/id317951436?mt=8

Then plug the iPad or Macbook to the Bose through the headphone jack on the Apple device. Other than that, did you need further assistance with this?

Are you still with me here and do you have any further questions?

The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.

Aric, Technician