Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Panasonic dec6.0 how can I turn the ringer on. A…

I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic dec6.0 how can I turn the ringer on

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your DEC6.0?

A long time but we just moved and the ringer turned off so no incoming calls are heard

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Panasonic product?

Tried all buttons but the screen says ringer is off [1]

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No and thank you

3/11/2018
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.
To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station (model should start with KX-TG).
2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if more than one, do ALL handsets have this issue?
Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Kx-TG9341S we have 2 additional and no do not hear the ring on any of them are
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks

OK - Just for my clarity:

Do you have ANY OTHER phones (NOT part of the Panasonic system) attached to this phone line - and if so, do they ring for incoming calls?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No other phones
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We call out ok just does no ring for incoming calls

OK - here are the instructions for adjusting the Ringer Volume for handsets.

If you want to adjust the ringer volume of EACH handset, I have the steps to do that below.
While the system is not in use (not on a call)
1) Pick up the handset you want to program
2) Press MENU then # 1 6 0 (pound-one-six-zero). This brings up the Ringer volume section of programming).
3) Press the UP (or DOWN) arrow on the handset, to adjust the ringer volume level.
4) Press the SAVE soft key (to save the setting).
5) Press the OFF button (to exit programming).

NOTE: This should be done on EACH handset that you want to adjust the ringer volume for.

Please let me know if that works for you OR if you have different results, or if you have any more questions.

Thanks

Hi again,

I also have a link to a video that shows how this PROCESS should work.
Just click the link below and watch the video (make sure you have the sound turned up on your computer/device).

Click Here to watch video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0oYPkVGp2M

NOTE: The handset shown in the video may not match your handset exactly, but the steps should be the same.

Let me know if you have similar results, or something different.

Thanks, ***** *****

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Getting on my cell to see
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just goes to vm no ring

OK - if that is the case, may I ask what landline phone service provider you have for this phone line?

And did you HEAR the ringer volume change - when making that adjustment AND did the "Ringer off" message go away from the display?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Cox communications and it's now attached to a modem

OK - when you made the TEST CALL from the cell, did you hear ANY RINGS - IN THE CELL - BEFORE being switched to Voicemail?

OK - how many rings were heard in the cell - AND did ANY of the handsets "light up" when making the test call?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
4 rings and no lights on Panasonic handset

OK - since you CAN make outgoing calls successfully - it sounds like the Cox service is either

- has some "setting" turned on - like a "do not disturb" setting OR

- is NOT sending the incoming calls all the way to the Panasonic system.

So may I ask if the physical connection (phone cord) to the Cox modem has been CHANGED recently, and if there is more than one phone connector on that modem?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There are 2 talk lines only one works. No same Ord we had b4 movie

OK - I will assume you mean "before moving".

So may I ask WHEN the move was made and IF that is the SAME modem used at the other location (before moving)?

AND have the incoming calls EVER RANG - at the current location?

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
New modem not used b4 will check settings with fox sorry need to go to church may try later
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks for help

When you can, use the following link to find the Cox Customer Support number for your local area.
You should see a "Select a Location" at the top right of that page.

http://www.cox.com/residential/support/contact-us.cox

NOTE: If you have RECENTLY moved, this MAY just be a simple matter of "updating" your services - to "point to" your new location - on the Cox network.

Take Care, Greg A.

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer