Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I've just bought a Nikon D5500 and my pictures are horribly…

Customer Question
Hi! I've just bought...

Hi! I've just bought a Nikon D5500 and my pictures are horribly blurry every time I've played with it so far. It's on automatic, but I don't yet have an SD card. Could the lack of SD card have something to do with it?

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your D5500?

A day

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Nikon product?

Charging the battery, putting the battery in, using different zooms, taking pictures, and turning on the wifi (which it also won't let me do?)

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I would love to learn how to connect to wifi. It currently says it's "unavailable in current mode." I read that it could be a battery thing, but it's fully charged. Thank you!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/11/2018
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 4 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

A lack of SD cards will not impact on picture quality.

Smudges on the lens can cause the camera to focus on them and not on the subject - ensure the lens is cleaned.

-

Are you holding the camera or using a tripod?
Are the subjects moving or still?

Is there low light or lots of lighting?

-

Try placing the camera on a tripod or table and focus on a single still subject, then take a picture and let me know if it appears ok?

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------