Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Panasonic phone that I've had for about 15 yrs with…

Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a Panasonic phone that I've had for about 15 yrs with any problems, recently it will go dead in the middle of a call or the person I'm talking to stops hearing me, could it be the batteries I've never changed them. They're Ni-MH 1.2 V. Min 550 nAh recharge led by Panasonic

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Panasonic phone?

I put them on the charger base at night when I go to sleep

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the Power button)?

I don't know what you mean

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know what to do to keep them working

3/11/2018
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer; an independent site with members providing product information, repair tips and technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.
My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...Panasonic phone..."

Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...Panasonic phone..."
And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

Idiot know what model it is but it says DECT 6.0 plus on the base
but no.. I can't afford it. How do I cancel the 1 week trial, so I don't pay the $46for the membership after tonight.
All I wanted to know is, do the panasonic original rechargeable batteries go bad as I have had these phones for about 15 yrs. I recharge the phones every night but now they are cutting out or during in the middle of a call. Never had a prob before.

Yes, replacing the batteries would serve as both an attempt of a fix and as atest by process of elimination.

Knowing the model number, then we can determine the Part Number of the batteries and locate a potential online source.seller.

Thank you, ***** ***** try that, on the hand set that does it the most, while I look for the model number. Thank you.

Great!

Glad that the above information served your purpose and if you haven’t done so, please provide a positive rating (3 to 5 stars) at the top of your page (scroll all the way up)

Louie, Technician
They don't make this model any more, which is a shame. I will put a rating before I leave the site. Thanks again