Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have been trying to set up my Echo. I get just so far and…

Customer Question
I have been trying...

I have been trying to set up my Echo. I get just so far and it tells me it is unable to connect. I am past the orange light and when the screen comes on and I put in the password ***** tells me there is an error and go to help. Have tried this many times both on my computer and on my phone.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

It is an I-hone.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

Have been trying for about one hour. I have unplugged the echo as per instructions. Like I said, it happens on the phone and the computer. I get a wi-fi identity Amazon-W1A

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/11/2018
Electronics Technician: technicalcat, Engineer replied 4 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Engineer

Hello and thank you for using this service. My name is ***** ***** I will help you now.

Are you getting to the point where you are choosing your wireless network and entering the password?

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

my wireless network and then Amazon-W1A Then I put in the password ***** that is as far as I get.

The name of your wireless is Amazon-W1A? That doesn't sound right.

when I go to my settings I click on Marge Bates wifi. Then the directions say to wait for the setting. Then the blue light comes on she says you are connected and then the next screen comes on asking for my password ***** then I get a password *****
The directions say I should look for Amazon-Xxx. That is what I thought Amazon-W1A was sbout

Are you saying you also can not connect your phone to Marge Bates WIFI?