Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I've switched from a surround sound system to stereo. my…

Customer Question
I've switched from a...

I've switched from a surround sound system to stereo. my yamaha receiver seems to be programmed for surround sound and isn't playing out properly to the stereo speakers

Technician's Assistant: What is your Yamaha connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?

Yes, cables are connected tightly. it's connected to a cable box and two speakers

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

No

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/10/2018
Electronics Technician: Eldon, Engineer replied 1 month ago
Eldon
Eldon, Engineer

What is the model number of the yamaha?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
RX-V363

Thank you,

Please use the Program < and > buttons, to cycle through the different sound field options, until you get to the 2ch stereo option and let me know if that helps

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
they are responding. it seems like the surround mode is locked in somehow
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
sorry, they aren't responding.

Thank you for trying, are you doing this on the remote? Try using the front panel buttons as well, or making sure you press the receiver/amp button on the remote first before changing the program mode.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Eldon
Eldon
Eldon, Engineer