Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I can't eject my iPod nano because it gives me a message…

I can't eject my...

I can't eject my iPod nano because it gives me a message that it can"t eject because there is another application that is using files.

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

Ipod nano

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

I have the most recent software update

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I can't eject my nano because I am getting a message that another application is using files

3/10/2018
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your iPod question.

If you have a Windows PC computer, then go to START then to Computer (or on Windows 10 PCs, to 'ThisPC').

There, find your iPod's icon. Right-click on it, and choose Eject.

That may free it up to be removed... esp. if you close iTunes.

On an Apple it is somewhat different. Try closing other applications! esp. any Media Player or music player app.

Wait about 10 to 15 seconds after doing that. Try doing an Eject again.

At worst, restarting the computer may be needed, after which, you may remove/unplug your iPod with some degree of safety.

Let me know how that goes, in Reply, please. I will help further as needed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have a MacPro I think it was an itunes issue, seems to be resolved.

I'm glad to hear that it's not a problem any more! If you would care to rate my answer, please do so - either briefly in Reply, or using the five-star interface at the top of the JustAnswer.com page. Thank you, ***** ***** a great day!

Russell H., Service Tech
Russell H., Service Tech