Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I updated my Firmware on AVIC-F80Dab to 1.04 version. Before…

Customer Question
I updated my Firmware...

I updated my Firmware on AVIC-F80Dab to 1.04 version. Before that I used to see the car moving on the Navigation screen Since this new firmware I see the arrow instead of the car. Please tell me how to put the car icon instead of the errow when driving.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your GPS?

Pioneer

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your GPS?

I tried everything but it does not show me the menu to change the errow into the car icon

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

Not for present.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/10/2018
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 4 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Please do it urgently. Thank you.
I do not want the phone call. But solve my problem urgently.

That's ok, you can ignore any automated offers that may pop up - they are sent automatically by the site.

I am working on it now...

Did you change the arrow icon previously or did someone else do it?

According to the user manual it is not possible:

https://www.pioneer.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/AVICF80DAB-Instruction-Manual.pdf

The dealer did it for me when the firmware version was 1.02

Did the dealer load additional software?

Because the firmware update on the unit does not include any other icons apart from the arrow.

Can you still help or not. Please respond. If you can not help in this regard, please refund my $5.00. Thank you.

Let me check if another expert knows any way around this...

No. The dealer did not load any additional softwar
Ok. I will be waiting.