Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I tried to connect another DVD player with USB capacity to…

I tried to connect...

I tried to connect another DVD player with USB capacity to my TV. Im doing so I changed the DVD1 to DVD2 by holding down the drive select and OK button but now my Panasonic hard drive will not read anything except a played DVD. Direct navigator and drive select buttons will not function and I cannot access my Hard draive on the recorder. How do I change it back to DVD 1 when I cannot access any of the navigation components?

Technician's Assistant: Does the hard drive icon appear on your desktop?

No _ it reads AV or DV D1, when I press Drive select on the remote.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried accessing the drive on a different computer?

Accessing via tv - should i change to a computer? Do not have an HDMI plug

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No just need help please

3/10/2018
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you tell me the model number of the panasonic, please?

XW-390

On your remote, press and hold OK and the number 1 button together, for 5 seconds

release

press and hold ok for 5 seconds,

release

press ok once more.

Let me know if that helps

Thanks Nathan - this exactly what I needed - found the answer this morning via google and it worked to reset the remote back to factory settings. Appreciate the advice

You're very welcome, glad that did the trick for you!

Nathan, Engineer