Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I purchased a Google Home Mini while in Florida, when I got…

I purchased a Google Home...
I purchased a Google Home Mini while in Florida, when I got home and got it connected, I asked it for my weather and it gave me the local weather for Melbourne Florida where I bought it. My question is how do I get it localized to my home area in Ontario, Canada?
3/9/2018
Eric, Technician

Good afternoon! You need to follow these steps. If you have any follow up questions, please feel free to reply. Otherwise, please do not forget to rate my service to you at the top of the page, hopefully I have earned a 5-Star Rating :)

I hope you have a wonderful day,

1. Open the Google Home app .
  2. In the top left corner of the Home screen, tap Menu .
  3. Verify that the Google Account that is listed is the one linked to Google Home. To switch accounts, click the triangle to the right of the account name and email address.
  4. Tap More settings.
  5. Under "Devices," tap the Google Home you want to adjust Device address.
  6. Type in the address where your Google Home device is located. You can edit or delete this address at any time.
Eric, Technician