Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Bought books on amazon but they do not load on to the

Bought books on amazon...

Bought books on amazon but they do not load on to the kindle

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Have not tried anything yet, th books were charged to my account but will not load

3/9/2018
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. What model is your Kindle? Is it a Kindel Fire or a Kindle Paperwhite, or something else?

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Unfortunately I am helping a friend and I do not have the kindle however it is not a fire or a paper white.
It is registered to Jan Mauldin. Doe this help if not we will talk when i have more info

Please ask your friend to log in to her Amazon account at www.amazon.com/myk. On the page that appears next, she should see a CONTENT Tab and a DEVICES Tab. Please ask her to click on the devices tab. She should see a list of all devices registered to her account. Please ask her to locate her Kindle device in the list and click on the ACTIONS tab. She should then see a serial number and a type. If you can provide that information I can help.

If she has owned this Kindle for a long period of time, she may be nearing full capacity on the Kindle, and may need to delete a few of the books that she has already read. If she will do that, and then sync the Kindle, this may free up some space and she can then do the following to send specific books to the Kindle:

Log in to Amazon at www.amazon.com/myk. On the page that appears next, she'll will see a CONTENT Tab and a DEVICES Tab. On the CONTENT tab she will see all of her Kindle book purchases. She can sort them by title, author or purchase date. Please have your friend locate the book that they want to download to the Kindle, select it by checking it and then click on the ACTIONS column. Choose deliver to OTHER as the action. Ask them to select your device from the Device list. If they have more than one Kindle, make sure that they choose the Kindle that you are actively using.

After the Kindle has been synced, the books should appear.

Please ask your friend to try these suggestions, and let me know the results. If they have any problems with any of the steps or need clarification, just let me know. If for any reason this doesn't work for them, please tell me so I can provide additional help. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech