Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I need help using my laptop as a monitor when recording

Customer Question
I need help using...

I need help using my laptop as a monitor when recording videos with the Nikon d3300

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Nikon?

Umm where do I find that information? I'm looking at the bottom of the camera

Technician's Assistant: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your Nikon? Have you installed any updates recently?

I just recently updated the firmware

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/9/2018
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 5 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

To use your laptop as a monitor when recording videos with the D3300, see the following guide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZAuwxPUfzM

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

I watched this video already. I thought I was going to speak w an Nikon expert.... But thanks for trying I guess

Did you get it connected to the monitor ok?

Is there anything else I can help you with?