Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

How come my laptop doesn't play dvd's anymore ?? I used to…

Customer Question
How come my laptop...

How come my laptop doesn't play dvd's anymore ?? I used to just put them in and I could play them. now I can't anymore.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

I'm not sure. I might have uninstalled it while I was trying to fix my problem.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your media player?

I had Player For Media. When that didn't play the dvd I uninstalled it and tried installing DVD Humiri, but that didn't work either. they both seemed more like something for downloading movies. I just want to play my dvd's.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope !! Just want to play dvd's.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/9/2018
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

What exactly happens when you want to play a DVD on the Laptop and in which program do you do this?

When I put a DVD in a page comes on my screen with options (I guess) of what I want to play it with. This never happened before. I would put a DVD in and it would just play it (on Windows Player, I think). I chose to play it on Player For Media, but this just seemed like a sight to download or stream movies or play movies that I had already downloaded. Then I uninstalled that and clicked on DVD Humiri and the same thing happened.

Ok, it is asking what is should do by default, choose the DVD player in the list and it should then play the DVD

Let me know how you go please