Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I can't bring up either the menu from the bottom of the top…

I can't bring up...

I can't bring up either the menu from the bottom of the top of my fire.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

It's a kindle fire hd

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Kindle Fire?

New. Got it in Dec. For Xmas

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Kindle Fire?

I tried turning it off and on. Everything else works but when I drag from top or bottom nothing comes up

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
Anthony
Anthony, Technician

Hello
Welcome
Whilst this may be a hardware issue I am hopeful you have success doing this>>>
Please reset the kindle by holding down (or slide to the right on early kindles) the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.
Let me know if you need more help OR if this does not work for you.

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page thank you) 3 to 5 stars and the site will release a payment to me thank you.
Regards
Anthony

I did as you suggested. Didn't work.
I'm sending this thing back. A big mistake. Knew I should have paid for the Ipad.

In that case you have a serious software issue and the kindle will need to be replaced, please contact amazon

1-***-***-**** they will swap it

As its still under warranty all your books will be at amazon in the cloud you wont lose anything

Anthony
Anthony, Technician