Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My echo show turns on but has a red line along bottom and…

My echo show turns...

My echo show turns on but has a red line along bottom and red stop signal in lower right corner of screen. no other response

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Amazon Echo Show

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

Amazon Echo Show

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Setting, unplug on and off

3/9/2018
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I still need help
I am under the impression that I am entitled to one free question/an
Don’t I get one free introductory question?

No, our services are not free.

Call customer service at 1-***-***-****

I will switch to the phone if there’s no charge for this introductory question

No, our services are not free.

Call customer service at 1-***-***-****

Harry, I called customer service and they confirm I am entitled to give free questions within seven days but not by phone. So let ‘s see if we can solve my problem this way.
Ed Spring

Ed,

This is not free.

Did customer service lie to me?

I do not handle payment information but our services are not free.

I signed up for the trial based on the offer as I told you about

Unfortunately, I do not handle payment information but if our services were free then we would be working for free.

The trial membership is designed to bring in new customers. It is a sales promotion. I signed up and am now trying out your services. Please answer my initial problem for me.

Sorry, I cannot assist you if you believe our services are free.

Not free. I paid a fee for the trial membership. I do not want to pay anything additional for using the phone option but I do want to try your devices. Does that clear up any misunderstandings?
I meant services not devices

Yes, it does.

Did you take a look at the link from earlier?

I don’t know what you mean
Thank you that should help me solve the problem. Good night.

You're welcome -- Sorry, that it took so long to get there.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Harry, Customer Service