Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Have a box on the side that says ...new software update is…

Customer Question
Have a box on...

Have a box on the side that says ...new software update is available. Would you like to update now. And below three boxes , show detail, update now and update later...I want to remove the box...how, Please help

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

Not computer so it must be device.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your software?

Don’t know

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Don’t think so!

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/8/2018
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 5 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Thank you