Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

It won't accept my password. Kindle Fire. 2-3 years. It was…

It won't accept my...

It won't accept my password.

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Kindle Fire

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Kindle Fire?

2-3 years. It was working fine, drove home from Florida to PA and it won't work.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Kindle Fire?

Soft and reset reboot.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

Took it to a computer store and he thought it wanted my granddaughters password, but she's never used it, it does have a profile for her but I bought her one at same time so never used it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Waiting for my answer.
3/8/2018
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble and I'm sorry that you've had to wait, It's been a bit busy tonight. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Please give me just a moment to review your question.

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

Let's take a quick look at the registration information for your Kindle Fire. Please swipe down from the top of your Kindle and Tap on the SETTINGS icon. It looks like a gear or a wheel with cogs. Then scroll down until you see MY Account. Please tap that then tell me what you see above either REGISTER or DEREGISTER.

GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It just shows 205 messages and time, no settings.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If I click on the messages it goes to my password ***** it won't accept.
Phone call session started

It was a pleasure to speak with you. You successfully sent the Remote Reset command so as soon as your Kindle Fire is connected to wifi with at least a 30% charge, it should restart. It will take longer than usual to restart because it will be erasing everything ( including the screen lock passcode that wouldn't work previously). When it restarts you will need to connect the Kindle to your Wifi and then register it your Amazon account again. Once you've done this you should be able to download all of your previous Amazon purchases to your Kindle.

If for any reason, it does not reset to factory, you can do it manually. To do so, please hold the power button in the off position for a full 40 seconds. I recommend that you use a timer. After 40 seconds the Kindle will power off. It will probably take longer than usual to boot up as it will be restoring factory defaults. You will know that it successfully reset to factory defaults, if it reset the Kindle back to the way it was when you took it out of the box. Did it do that? If not, please try it again, being sure to hold the power button for a FULL 40 seconds. If it did require you to set it up again, then the factory reset was successful.

Thank you again for allowing me to assist you. Have a good evening!

GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech