Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Sony DCS-RX10M2 and I have got a message on the…

Customer Question
I have a Sony...

I have a Sony DCS-RX10M2 and I have got a message on the rear view finder that reads "Turn power off then on". I have done that and I have removed the battery and let the camera sit 3 days with it in the on position to kill the back up battery that holds date and settings while replacing the battery. tried every thing I've seen on line, nothing seems to work. I bought the camera from B&H on 9/28/17 so it is still in warranty. In addition I took pictures with is to get use to it. I took it to Africa on a photo safari in January for my wife to useand after about 10 or 12 picture it gave me the "Turn off then back on". and I lost all capability of taking pictures for the rest of the trip. I had another camera to use but my wife could only use her cell phone after that. Very disappointed, but I need to fix this as my Wife would like to take it to France in a month.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your camera?

Im sorry Sony

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Sony?

On hold with sony for 45 minutes and no one came to my assistance.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?

Hopefully a software update will help me. I hate to give sony a bad review on this camera, as this problem has been with other of the same camera.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/8/2018
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you remove the battery please then hold the shutter button down for 60 seconds then release.

Wait 5 minutes, put the battery back in and try to turn it on.

Tell me please if it now starts correctly

Thank you