Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I recently tripped and fell while holding my COOLPIX L830.

I recently tripped and...

I recently tripped and fell while holding my COOLPIX L830. The LCD viewing screen was damaged such that only on one quarter of the screen can the subject be seen.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your CoolPix?

About 4 years old. Should I bother trying to have the viewing screen replaced? If so, where? Or should I just buy a new camera?

Technician's Assistant: The Camera Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your CoolPix?

Nothing yet. I'm not sure where to go since I live in a small city.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I think that's all. Thanks!

3/7/2018
Shahid_Sony
Shahid_Sony, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

Would you like to attempt to repair the camera yourself?

Is that possible with out having a new LCD screen?

I'm afraid no, broken LCD screen has to be replaced in camera, it needs to take apart the LCD screen section to get it replaced if you're a handy person then I can provide you all needed info to proceed

Is that possible with out having a new LCD screen?Generally speaking, what would a repair of this sort usually cost. Is it worth repairing or should I just buy a new camera?

If you take the camera in a repair shop for screen replacement, it would cost around $200

If you try to replace the screen yourself, the screen costs around $11

Please click the following link to view the replacement screen price info and to order it

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-LCD-Display-Screen-for-NIKON-Coolpix-L830-Digital-Camera-Repair-Part-/261274380253

and click the following links to view pictures and a video clip about how to take apart the LCD screen section of this camera

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Nikon+Coolpix+L830+LCD+Monitor+Replacement/73323

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3NDyqABwNw

I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this camera repair or invest that money in new replacement camera
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Shahid_Sony
Shahid_Sony, Technician
Is that possible with out having a new LCD screen?Generally speaking, what would a repair of this sort usually cost. Is it worth repairing or should I just buy a new camera?Thanks for your help. I'll check out ordering the replacement and watch the video clips you suggested.

Much welcome, wish you the best~