Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Samsung 7 Edge. Everything was fine until the

Hello. My name is...

Hello. My name is ***** *****. I have a Samsung 7 Edge. Everything was fine until the upgrade last weekend. Since then, my phone has frozen and will not accept my passcode. The technicians at T-Mobile tried a soft reset to no avail. Best

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your phone?

Buy said that they cannot do anything because we are no longer with Verizon and they do not have a contract with T-Mobile. Please help. I have pictures on the phone from Israel and other family pictures which I have just received and cannot lose them.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the Power button)?

It was fully charged on Saturday. I tried several times on Saturday night and Sunday. Now the phone says I have three more tries before it does a hard reset and I lose everything. Is it possible for things to have beenbacked up in the cloud? Yes. T-Mobile tried that.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

I need my phone. I use it for messages, for church business, and for business. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry, I was not thinking when I asked for the live call. My phone will ring, but I cannot answer. Thanks anyway.
3/7/2018
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request, when made formally, is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

Try connecting the phone to your computer, after turning it Off, with an appropriate USB cable one end of which will fit the micro-USB jack on the Samsung phone.

Then navigate to the Computer and drives window, or 'ThisPC' on a Windows 10 computer.

The Samsung phone, after a minute or two, should be accessible, I hope, as a disk drive, from which you may locate (by going into that 'drive') and copy to your computer, any file or picture you need from it.

(Now, even if the above does not work, if your computer has access to your email account - it ought to be able to! - then if the pictures were sent by email, attached to an email message or messages, then the pictures ought to be retrievable from the email account, via your computer, and are thus hopefully not lost even if worst comes to worst with the phone!)

(If you need instructions on how to access your email account on a computer, just let me know in Reply and I will instruct you.)

And if the phone just isn't going to work that way either, then a factory reset of the phone might be advisable, just to get it working again, even if that will also wipe all of your data and configurations off it and back to a condition as if it were a brand-new phone.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Russell, I am sorry, but the phone still does not work. It will not accept my passcode and now I only have two tries left. Monday, T-Mobile tried a soft reset, but the phone still wouldn't accept my passcode. My daughter was able to save most of my pictures, but not all. This also means that I am going to lose my contacts and messages. I have several family pictures which were sent to my messages last week. I guess that I am going to have to ask them to resend them when my phone is reset. Right now, I have no choice. Nothing else has worked. What do I do now?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What else can I do to get my phone working?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Russell, I just received a phone call on my phone and I was able to talk because I caught it in time. However, once I hung up, the phone went dead again and I am not able to use it. I guess that means that I can receive calls, but cannot send any out.

Your contacts should be retrievable from your Google account - if they are Google Contacts, they don't just reside on your Samsung phone.

Messages? if your messaging account is Google, you ought to still - with another phone - retrieve them, once you have a new phone and have configured it to your Google account (your current Google account, not a newly created one.)

Do you still want the address of a repair shop for phones of that sort? if so, please tell me where you are located, by zip code.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am in Hesperia, CA 92345. What do you mean by a Google account?

All Samsung phones with Android operating systems tend to be registered to a Google account. That provides an online over-internet 'Cloud' storage connection, a central place to store Contacts, and an email address (or, GMail address.)

It seems the closest location listed is in Orange:

UBREAKIFIX # 90 - Orange

655 South Main Street Suite 210,

Orange, CA, 92868

(###) ###-####/p>

- and the next nearest is:

UBREAKIFIX # 345 - Lake Forest

23600 El Toro Road, Suite P1-D,

Lake Forest, CA, 92630

(###) ###-####/p>

I hope that these locations (and there are others, just ask if you need them) can help you - they are Samsung Authorized for servicing a Samsung smart phone with T-Mobile service.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. I'll have my daughter take care of Google for me. However, both of these places are an hour-and-a-half away from me. I am in the High Desert. Lord willing, the Google thing will work for me. We'll keep trying.

I hope so... there just wasn't a Samsung Authorized place listed any closer.

Perhaps non-Authorized places would do? would you like a list of those, that might be a lot closer to you?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay, Russell. I'm back! I had Bible Study tonight. If you can find a reputable place that is closer to me, that would be great. Thank you.

Here's some nearer you!:

Smartfix iPhone, Smartphone, & iPad Repair

*****

Victorville, CA 92395

Open ⋅ Closes 6PM

(###) ###-####/p>

or

Phone Repair Doctor

*****#8,

Hesperia, CA 92344

Open ⋅ Closes 4:30PM

(###) ###-####/p>

or

1 Stop Fix

*****

Hesperia, CA 92345

Open ⋅ Closes 7PM

(###) ###-####/p>

or

Ambition High Tech

16044 Outer Bear Valley Rd #4,

Victorville, CA 92395

Open ⋅ Closes 6PM

(###) ###-####/p>

- I hope that one of these can help you with the problem. Now, if none can, or if you want other choices for whatever reason, please let me know! and I will provide other listings.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thank you.

Russell H., Service Tech
Russell H., Service Tech