Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

‚ėÖ‚ėÖ‚ėÖ‚ėÖ‚ėÖ

I forgot my password ūüė¨ I‚Äôve tried both. Bought it new. I…

I forgot my password...

I forgot my password ūüė¨

Technician's Assistant: Are you trying to access your DVR using a computer, or on the DVR itself?

I’ve tried both

Technician's Assistant: Did you buy your DVR new or did you receive it secondhand? Do you have an email address on file for your DVR?

Bought it new

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Security Expert to know before I connect you?

I tried reset it through email and the app but had no luck

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/6/2018
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me the make and model of the DVR please?

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There is an SW with some mark beside it that looks like maybe i’s
Model is V1008
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it has that H.264

ok.. can I have the make of it please? as H.264 is a format and the model is quiet vauge, or is this one of the ones out of China, the no name units?

ok, so a Chinese no name deivce..

Unplug the power and then look inside it for a button, you see any buttons on the motherboard?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
None

Do you see a silver circular watch battery?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Yep

remove it, and with no power to the unit wait 60 minutes, connect the battery, power cable, power it on and tell me if the password ***** back to the default it was supplied with please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I will

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just put the battery back in, connected the power wire which turns it on automatically on it’s still the same. Only thing different is the time

Now try the factory set password ***** 4-6 zeros or 1234 12345 or 123456

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It locked the account after 4 trys, I did try the other passwords. still nothing
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have a device manager tool on my laptop and it’s supposed to help somehow in these situations

what options are in the tool?

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

ok.. thats just one part of it but that is its network settings

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Oh..ok
So it’s nothing else that can be done

Can you take a clear photo of the motherboard please?

Do you see Swann written on the box anywhere?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s sw something on the very first pic I sent

I advise you return it, I checked all the numbers on the chips and there is no documentation on resetting it, no buttons on the board, and the battery process is not working as it does on a lot.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
55357;�
Ok thanks

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Was anything else required?

Richard, Customer Service
Richard, Customer Service