Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Second opinion] Why can I no longer deliver books to my

Second opinion] Why can...

Second opinion] Why can I no longer deliver books to my kindle?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Several weeks. Fairly recent. I have tried everything I know to do. Only can send to daughter iphone

3/4/2018
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Please give me just a moment to review your question.

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

I'll need to ask a few questions in order to best help you.What model is your Kindle? Is it a Paperwhite, a Kindle Fire, or something else? How long have you had your Kindle reader?

I can go ahead and provide you some general troubleshooting tips, but if this doesn't resolve the problem, please reply with the answers to those questions so I can provide more specific help.

Let's begin by logging in to your Amazon account at www.amazon.com/myk. n the page that appears next, you will see a CONTENT Tab and a DEVICES Tab. Please click on DEVICES. You'll see a list of all devices registered to your Amazon account. If your device does not appear in this list, that means you need to re-register it to your account. The instructions for doing this will vary according to which model of Kindle you have. Note: You can click on ACTIONS for your device and you'll see a popup with the type and serial number of the device. Please make a note of that and share it with me in case we need it later in the troubleshooting process. You can also click on SET AS DEFAULT DEVICE to make this the device that new purchases are automatically delivered to.

Next, click on the CONTENT tab. On the CONTENT tab you will see all of your Kindle book purchases. You can sort them by title, author or purchase date. Please locate the book that you want to download to your Kindle, select it by checking it and then click on the ACTIONS column. Choose Deliver to OTHER as the action. Select your device from the Device list. If you have more than one Kindle, make sure that you choose the Kindle that you are actively using.

If you still have issues after following these steps, you may be nearing full capacity on your Kindle, and may need to delete a few of the books that you have already read. you'll need to select several to delete, and then sync your Kindle. The books that you delete from your Kindle will continue to be available at the Amazon website under My CONTENT if you should wish to download them again at some point in the future.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If you have any problems with any of the steps or need clarification, just let me know. If for any reason this doesn't work for you, please respond with the type and serial number of your Kindle device so I can provide additional help. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If I delete. Does it then allow me to re-register on current amazon account and keep all my books? His is on my iPad. Thank you

When you deregister your device, it will no longer be connected to your Amazon account, so your ebooks will no longer beon that device. However, when you re-register it, you can re-download any of the ebooks belonging to the account that you re-register it to.

If you and your husband want to share ebooks, I recommend that you setup a FAMILY SHARING account. To do that, please click on th elink below and sign in to your Amazon account.

Note: this works best from a computer.

www.amazon.com/myk

On the page that appears next, you will see a CONTENT tab, a DEVICES tab, and a SETTINGS tab.

Please click on the SETTINGS tab.

Scroll down to Households and Family Library.

Click on INVITE AN ADULT.

Have your husband enter his email address and password, then click Verify Account.

Select Yes, we agree to authorize payment methods, Family Library, and manage child profiles.

You'll each need to select the types of media you'd like to share. I recommend that you share all.

Now click on Create Household.

Now you're all set to start sharing. Please click on the following link:

www.amazon.com/myk

On the CONTENT tab you will see all of your Kindle book purchases. You can sort them by title, author or purchase date. Please locate the book that you want to download to your Kindle, select it by checking it and then click on the ACTIONS column. Choose MANAGE FAMILY LIBRARY. Select the family member that you wish to share with deliver as the action.

The next step is for you or your husband to have the book(s) that you want delivered to your Kindle. Check first to see if it is in your library on the Kindle. If it is, you can tap to download. If not, you can manually send it to your Kindle by doing the following:

Sign into your Kindle account at www.amazon.com/myk. On the content tab you should see the book or books that have been shared with you , as well as your books. Locate the book that you wants to download to her Kindle. Select it by checking it and then click on the ACTIONS column. Choose deliver to OTHER as the action. Select your device from the device list.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If you have any problems with any of the steps or need clarification, just let me know. If for any reason this doesn't work for you, please tell me so I can provide additional help. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
iPad Air.

The instructions that I have provided work exactly the same way in the Kindle reading APP for iPad as they do for a Kindle device. You'll need to follow the instructions that I provided to create a Household with Family Sharing if you and your husband have separate accounts and want to share books. You'll find that it's usually easier to do those steps on a computer.

When you're sending books to your device, just make sure that you choose to deliver to your iPad air.

If you don't want to share books and you want to each have your own account and your own books, then just make sure that you de-register your Kindle app on your iPad and use YOUR account information when re-registering it, and have him do the same on his.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Would I deregister Melba's IOS Device or kindle dreaded?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I use kindle to order books and they always came to my iPad which it will no longer let me do

Please go to www.amazon.com/myk. Sign in to YOUR account. On the page that appears next, you will see a CONTENT Tab and a DEVICES Tab. Click on the DEVICES tab. Do you see your iPad air listed there?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No it is not

That is the root of the problem. Please open the App on your iPad and register it.

1. From your device, tap the Kindle app icon.
  2. Enter your Amazon account information.
  3. Tap Sign In.

Your Kindle content will appear in your Library after it has had time to sync.

Note: To view or change your registration, tap More, tap Settings, tap Registration, and then tap Deregister this Kindle.

Your books can't go to your iPad APP if it is not registered as a device on your account.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They have been going to my iPad for 15 years then just became unable to do that when iOS device came on iPad. Cloud stuff. All of a sudden I could only deliver ordered books to ip. Up til then I could specify to send to my iPad. My s and iPad. Etc. etc?????

I understand that they have previosuly gone to yoru iPad. However, something has happened that has caused it to no longer be registered to your Amazon account. If you want it to work again, yo uhave to re-register it. I told you exactly how to do that. Have you tried it?

That is the root of the problem. Please open the App on your iPad and register it.From your device, tap the Kindle app icon.Enter your Amazon account information.Tap Sign In.Your Kindle content will appear in your Library after it has had time to sync.Note: To view or change your registration, tap More, tap Settings, tap Registration, and then tap Deregister this Kindle.
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My daughter deregistered. Then re-registered. Now only has 26 books instead of thousands we had. What happen? Same on mine and I haven't done anything. Can u help us?

Please log in to your Amazon account by clicking on the link below:

www.amazon.com/myk

Note; be sure to login using the same email address and password ***** you used to re-register your Kindle.

On the page that appears next, you will see a CONTENT Tab and a DEVICES Tab. On the CONTENT tab you will see all of your Kindle book purchases. How many do you see there? Do you see only 26 or do you see all the books that you had before?

You should be able to send any of the books that you see here to any Kindle that is registered to your account. You may also see them on the Kindle itself under Library and ALL (rather than Library and DOWNLOADED).

If you don't see all of th ebooks listed under View Content and Devices > CONTENT , then you must have purchased the missing books with a different Amazon account. If that is the case you may need to enable FAMILY SHARING using the instructions that I provided earlier.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Have used same account for as long as I can remember. My husband still has all of our books on his iPad. I am going to have to sign off for now. Can we talk again tomorrow? Thank u

You're welcome.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Checked. We should have 2,176 books. How do we get them back? Thanks. Will check in tomorrow

When you open the Kindle APP on your ipad, please tap on MORE, then SETTINGS, then REGISTRATION. Make SURE the your name and the name of the Kindle are shown EXACTLY as you see them on the Amazon website under VIEW CONTENTS AND DEVICES>DEVICES.

If they are, then tap on the X to close that screen, then tap on LIBRARY, and make sure that ALL is highlighted rather than DOWNLOADED. If ALL is highlighted you should see all of your purchased books but you will need to swipe through the pages to see them all. If you want to download one to your device, just tap and hold for a minute to bring up the option to download.

If you can't see all of your books even after selecting Library>ALL and swiping through the pages, then you need to make sure that your iPad is properly connected to wifi.

GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech