Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I HAVE PURCHASED A JVC SUPER VHS ET. I CANNOT GET IT TO

I HAVE PURCHASED A...

I HAVE PURCHASED A JVC SUPER VHS ET. I CANNOT GET IT TO REWIND THE CASSETTE

Technician's Assistant: What JVC model do you have?

HR559O '

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your JVC media player?

BRAND NEW. I HAVE PLAYED PART OF 3 CASSETTES.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

RIGHT NOW, JUST WANT TO REWIND !

3/3/2018
Eldon
Eldon, Engineer

Hello and sorry to hear you're having trouble,

is the issue with rewinding to back up slightly while it is playing, or to rewind the entire tape after it has played?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
TO REWIND AFTER 5 MINUTES OF PLAY, . NOT AT END OF ENTIRE TAPE. BY THE WAY, WHAT I HAVE BEEN TRYING WITHOUT SUCCESS: THERE IS A DEVICE ON FAR RIGHT TOP FRONT. OF VCR. IN THE CENTER IS A HALF INCH ROUND CIRCLE. SURROUNDING THE CIRCLE IS A RING. To ***** RING, "REW"
WITH AN ARROW POINTING TO LEFT. TO THE RIGHT OF RING,"FF" WITH AN ARROW POINTING TO RIGHT. FOR CLOSE TO AN HOUR, I HAVE TRIED IN EVERY WAY TO PRESS/AND TURN BOTH CIRCLE AND RING. RESULT: I START AND STOP THE IMAGE ON THE SCREEN, BUT NO REWIND.

Could you recheck the jvc model number for me, please?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
HELP! I CANNOT FIND YOUR RESPONE: my.justanswer.com/app.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I AWAIT HIS PHONE CALL TO MY CELL PHONE(###) ###-####
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I REPEAT AGAIN: I CANNOT FIND:my/justanswer.com/app. YOU HAVE GOTTEN NO REQUESTED INFO TO ME!!!

I am not available by phone at the moment,

I asked you to please recheck the model number of the player, please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
YOU HAVE REQUESTED MODEL NUMBER. MODEL NUMBER IS:HR-SR901U........I AM NO CLOSER TO AN ANSWER TO MY QUESTION: HOW DO I GET THE MACHINE TO REWIND A CASSETTE TAPE???

That is the remote control. I need the model number off the player itself, please.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
HOURS HAVE PASSED SINCE I INITIATED CONTACT. I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED AN ANSWER TO MY QUESTION: HOW DO I GET MY NEW JVC TO REWIND A CASSETTE TAPE ????

Again, I cannot help without basic information.

I need the proper model number of the system. What are sending is just the remote, I need the actual player model.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I HAVE GIVEN YOU THE NUMBER ON THE LEFT FRONT BOTTOM OF MY JVC.. FROM THE TOP WHITE LABEL ON THE BACK OF MY JVC I HAVE GIVEN YOU THE MODEL NUMBER. AN INCH DOWN ON THE LEFT SIDE OF WHITE LABEL IS:"S,NO. 107Y2262" I CAN FIND NO MORE NUMBERS ON MY JVC. I STILL AM NO CLOSER TO AN ANSWER TO MY SIMPLE QUESTION."HOW DO I GET MY JVC TO REWIND A TAPE?????

If you turn the jog dial on the front counterclockwise, does that rewind?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
THANKS, IT'S BEGINNING TO RESPOND, WHAT YOU TOLD ME TO DO, I HAD DONE MANY TIMES BEFORE WITHOUT SUCCESS. BUT NOW THAT IT IS BEGINNING TO RESPOND 50% I'LL CALL IT A NIGHT AND GET SOME SLEEP.
THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE. GOON D NIGHT

Great, glad it is starting to work for you

the jog dial on these is speed sensitive, so if you turn it just slightly, it will move slowly, if you turn it as far as it goes, then it will fast forward or rewind at a faster speed.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.
Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Eldon

Eldon
Eldon, Engineer
Eldon
Eldon
Eldon, Engineer