Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a yamaha s90 xs keyboard and right in the middle of…

I have a yamaha...

I have a yamaha s90 xs keyboard and right in the middle of me playing it will change sounds. It doesnt show it on the screen that it has changed it just sounds different. It adds like a pad or something to whatever sound I'm on.

Technician's Assistant: When did this screen problem start with your S90?

It;s not a screen problem it is a sound problem. Just recently.

Technician's Assistant: Is everything else working normally?

As far as I know. One of other musicians seems to think it might be the pedal that is affecting the sound.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Does getting advice cost anything?

2/23/2018
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your keyboard playback sounds question.

I think that a factory reset of the Yamaha keyboard (which, be it noted, would erase any custom sounds you may have stored, and perhaps any tunes stored in memory also), might cure the problem.

To factory reset this keyboard model, proceed as follows:

Press UTILITY.
Press JOB, then press ENTER.

Then press the INC/YES button.

I hope that cures it.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thank you.

(If not, and if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond and I will help you further.)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I already tried that and it didn’t work.

If the problem still persists, then you may have an actual problem in the circuitry of the keyboard.

Have you tried playing for a while with the pedal not attached? to see whether that notion might have some fact behind it, as to the pedal causing the problem?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I haven’t. I will try that.

OK. Let me know what result you get please, from trying it without the pedal connected. Thanks.

Russell H., Service Tech
Russell H., Service Tech